Time is Limited - Act Now
Where and How Widespread are the Complications And Conditions?
According to the Ohio Capital Journal and reprinted on the Cleveland Scene website, the following is a list of the nursing home locations and reported incidents:
Initial reports list at least 84 residents died in connection with the alleged infection control violations at 13 Ohio facilities during the pandemic.
- June 25, 2020 – The Embassy of Newark – 71 residents with infections resulting in 20 deaths (495,000 Paid)1
- November 2020 – The Embassy of Logan – 44 residents with infections resulting in two deaths (203,000 Paid)2
- April 2020 – Columbus Colony Elder Care – 61 residents wound up contracting infections, 15 died, and 27 employees contracted the disease ($152,000 Paid)3
- Between Aug. 10 and Sept. 22, 2020 – ProMedica Skilled Nursing and Rehab Willoughby – 71 contracted infections and 14 of the residents died. ($407,000 Paid)4
- Crestview Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing – Some 173 residents caught infections in the ensuing outbreak, nine of whom died. ($193,000 Paid)5
- October 2020 – Montefiore of Menorah Park – an outbreak of 27 cases, six hospitalizations and three deaths of residents ($80,000 Paid)6
- January 2021 – Blue Stream Rehab and Nursing – One resident died, four were hospitalized, and 23 were infected. ($69,000 Paid)7
Reports And Studies Of Cases in Ohio Nursing Homes On The Rise
According to Erin Pettigrew of the Ohio Department of Aging, “It’s an incredibly contagious disease and unprecedented, of course, but these examples were systemic failures on the part of the facility to protect their residents.”
There are a variety of preventable concerns that have led to unnecessary contaminations and subsequent deaths throughout the Ohio nursing home community, including:
- Nursing staff shortages
- Facility and supply shortages
- Unscrupulous test result reporting
- Failure to follow prescribed pandemic protocols
“We found that during the middle of the pandemic, we couldn’t get facility staff on the phone, let alone get proactive communication about an outbreak,” revealed Pettigrew.
Only recently, the Ohio Department of Health provided a spreadsheet of nearly 900 infection control violations ranging from the most minor to immediate jeopardy.
We believe that victims of Ohio nursing home care failures and their families should be able to address the organizations that made these terrible mistakes and get the compensation and justice they deserve.
Our network of attorneys have a track record of success
IS THERE A CASE?
Answer a brief, private online questionnaire that asks for key details of the experience
Have the case evaluated by a legal team free of charge without any obligation to file
GET STARTED NOW
Depending on the circumstances, the case could be filed for potential compensation
Please seek the advice of a medical professional before making health care decisions. This advertisement is not associated with any government agency.
www.consumerassistanceteam.com is the property of Shield Legal LLC. 1530 Faraday Ave, Suite 200 Carlsbad, CA 92008
This website is not part of the Facebook website or Facebook, Inc. Additionally, this site is NOT endorsed by Facebook in any way. FACEBOOK is a trademark of FACEBOOK, INC.
ATTORNEY ADVERTISING. This Website is not intended to provide medical advice. Consult your doctor or physician before starting or stopping any medication.
Discontinuing a prescribed medication without your doctor’s advice can result in injury or death. are not an indication of future results. Every case is evaluated on its own facts and circumstances. Valuation depends on facts, injuries, jurisdiction, venue, witnesses, parties, and testimony, among other factors. No representation is made that the quality of legal services to be performed is greater than the quality of legal services performed by other lawyers. Consumer Assistance Team does not itself provide legal services. Cases will be referred to third party attorneys and law firms. Do not rely on this advertisement in making any medical decision. Please call your physician before making any medical decision, including altering your use of any drug. Court costs and case expenses may be the responsibility of the client. Not available in all states. This advertisement is not intended as a testimonial, endorsement or dramatization, and does not constitute a guarantee, warranty, or prediction regarding the outcome of your legal matter, either expressed or implied. Anyone considering a lawyer should independently investigate the lawyers' credentials and ability, and not rely upon advertisements or self-proclaimed expertise. Only persons age 18 or older have permission to access our Service. Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13("Children").
© 2022 Consumer Assistance Team. All Rights Reserved